MEDITERRANEAN ARCHAEOLOGY AND ARCHAEOMETRY
E ISSN 2241-8121
P ISSN 1108-9628
Year launched: 2001
UK Zhende Publishing
Society or Institution (host):
Zhende UK Publishing
Name of contact for this journal:
MAA email address:
Country that the publisher of the journal is based:
Journal's article processing charges:
Since August 2023 for each accepted manuscript an Article Processing Charge of 4000 USD is applied.
This covers managing costs, editorial costs, as well as, upgrading our online system on a regular basis. Discount vouchers are available if the author provides a proper motivation letter. Outstanding articles are published for free.
At present, it takes around 1-2 months to have the first response.
The average number of weeks between submission and publication: 24. In case of a Rapid peer review (2 weeks) additional charges are applied (inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Digital Archiving Policy:
Digital archiving policy of the journal in zenodo: e.g: https://zenodo.org/record/12929.
Zenodo is hosted by CERN (Switzerland), exposes its data to OpenAIRE and complies with the Open Access demands from the EC and the ERCs.
Downloading of full-text of the journal: Free
Article identifiers the journal use: DOI is provided through Zenodo
Provision of article metadata?: Yes
Journal's download statistics: Yes, through Google Analytics
The First calendar year in which a complete volume of the journal provided online Open Access content to the Full Text of all articles: 2001
Formats of full text are available: PDF and HTML
Some Keywords that best describe MAA:
- Archaeological Sciences
- Cultural Studies
- Ancient Technology
- Science in Arts
- Cultural Heritage
- Cultural Tourism
Language(s) that the Full Text of the articles is published: English
Quality and Transparency of the Editorial Process
- The URL for the Editorial Board page is https://www.maajournal.com/index.php/maa/about/editorialTeam
- Review process for papers: Double Blind Peer Review
Relevant information on the Review Process is given in the sections for Authors and Reviewers. MAA pays particular attention to the role of peer review, following the Elsevier Guidelines on how to conduct a review.
- MAA uses verification of peer review powered by publons and encourages reviewers to sing in to publons (https://publons.com/about/home/).
- The Editorial Board of the journal will be intolerable and inflexible with malpractices such as PLAGIARISM, the REPRODUCTION OF ARTICLES PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED in other media or FRAUDULENT RESEARCH. To resolve these situations, it will follow the recommendations of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
- Journal's policy of screening for plagiarism: Plagiarism is strictly forbidden. By submitting the article for publication, the authors agree that the publishers have the legal right to take appropriate action against the authors, if plagiarism or fabricated information is discovered. Plagiarism is condemned and discarded and authors are blocked from future submission to SC. Reviewers are urge to check for plagiarism using various available softwares.
Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice Statement (based on Elsevier recommendations and COPE's Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors)
It is necessary to agree upon standards of expected ethical behaviour for all parties involved in the act of publishing: the author, the journal editor and Editor-in-Chief, the peer reviewer and the publisher.
Our ethic statements are based on COPE’s Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors.
The editor of the MAA is responsible for deciding which of the articles submitted to the journal should be published.
The editor may be guided by the policies of the journal's editorial board and constrained by such legal requirements as shall then be in force regarding libel, copyright infringement and plagiarism. The editor may confer with other editors or reviewers in making this decision.
An editor at any time evaluate manuscripts for their intellectual content without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the authors.
The editor and any editorial staff must not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the corresponding author, reviewers, potential reviewers, other editorial advisers, and the publisher, as appropriate.
Disclosure and Conflicts of Interest - Fundamental Errors in Published Works
When an author discovers a significant error or inaccuracy in his/her own published work, it is the author’s obligation to promptly notify the journal editor or publisher and cooperate with the editor to retract or correct the paper.
Unpublished materials disclosed in a submitted manuscript must not be used in an editor's own research without the express written consent of the author.
Copyright/ Open Access
- MAA follows the Budapest Open Access Initiative definition of Open Access.
- Articles published in MAA will be Open Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY).
- MAA allows readers to read, download, share (copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format), adapt (remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially), search or link to the full text of its articles, and for any other lawful purpose, in concordance to Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY).
- Journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions: Yes
- Journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions: Yes
- Does the MAA Journal allows anyone to publishing rights without restrictions?: No
All published material is copyright of MAA and the authors. Any use of articles, figures, tables should cite the source of publication in Mediterranean Archaeology & Archaeometry (names, title, volume, issue, page number(s)).